Friday, August 14, 2020

Midnight Sun

I never thought I'd have the opportunity to update this blog again - but I am so happy that I can! I am beyond ecstatic that Midnight Sun has finally, finally, FINALLY been completed and published!!! And, of course, Stephenie shared the accompanying inspiration playlist with all of us on her website. 

Since the book is brand new and sharing the corresponding quotes to go with it would be mega-spoilery, all we were given was the list. You can listen to the playlist via Spotify directly on her website but, if you're like me and Spotify doesn't work for you - and because YouTube is much better than it used to be and most artists will share their music there for you to enjoy, here are the links for all the songs on the list. (Please support the artists by purchasing their songs and albums on iTunes or directly, if you enjoy them.)

I hadn't realized until a couple years ago that there even was a Midnight Sun playlist. It was posted on her blog to go along with the partially leaked draft. I had somehow missed it (?!), I guess because it wasn't included in the Illustrated Guide since Midnight Sun wasn't a book (yet). Although I immediately obtained and added all of those to my personal collection, I didn't update the blog with that list. Oops. I had been meaning to get to that... I'm going to include the songs that were on that original list and not included in the new official version.

I will create the individual posts for each song, as with the other books, (*already completed and listed in the next post below this one*) but listed here are just the titles and artists with the YouTube links. 

If the playlist is eventually expanded by Stephenie to include the matching quotes at some point, I will update with those on the individual pages as well.

You may recognize some of these songs as duplicates from the other book playlists or the movie the soundtracks.











The Midnight Sun Playlist

Official Midnight Sun Theme Song: Motion City Soundtrack - Crooked Ways

1. Placebo - One of a Kind
2. Queens of the Stone Age - Sick, Sick, Sick
3. Nine Inch Nails - Down In It
4. Muse - Map of the Problematique
5. Kaiser Chiefs - Na Na Na Na Naaa
6. Collective Soul - Not the One
7. Gomez - Notice
8. Debussy - Clair de Lune
9. Linkin Park - With You
10. Dry the River - Demons
11. Arcade Fire - Ocean of Noise
12. Danny Elfman - Ice Dance (from Edward Scissorhands)
13. Bright Eyes - First Day of My Life
14. Johnny Ace - Pledging My Love
15. Sleeping At Last - Turning Page
16. Beck - Saw Lightning
17. Aphex Twin - Digeridoo
18. Portishead - Machine Gun
19. Le Castle Vania - Incarnation
20. Royal Blood - Blood Hands
21. Sergei Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto No.2 in C Minor, Op.18
22. Mercury Rev - The Dark Is Rising
23. Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating in Space
24. Lord Huron - The Night We Met
25. Radiohead - How to Disappear Completely

Bonus Song: Cherish Danae - Silence

Songs from the Original Partial Draft Midnight Sun Playlist That Didn’t Make the Official Cut:

Matchbook Romance - Monsters
Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become
Linkin Park - Hit the Floor
Editors - Bullets
Bush - Glycerine
Blue October - Ugly Side
Muse - Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want
Taking Back Sunday - MakeDamnSure
Blue October - You Make Me Smile
Anberlin - Paperthin Hymn
Linkin Park - Pts.OF.Athrty
Fuel - Hemorrhage (In My Hands)

No comments:

Post a Comment